Monday, August 30, 2010

Musings and Upcoming Hive Fleet Izanagi Pictures



Ah... grueling Mondays- how I love them. This is going to be short entry- basically just my ideas to myself for posterity and further consideration when I have some time. Also, if I could get some feedback on #3, that'd be much appreciated-

1) Spurred on by the completion of the Tyrant, I went on and actually finished/based my Lictor. (and half-finished a simple objective marker!) I'm liking the army the more I paint it. I'm actually trying to play my first-ever game of WH40K this Labor Day Weekend! Going into battle with a Tyrant, 8-man 'Stealers and Broodlord, Tyrgon Prime, 16 Horms, 16 Terms, 3 Ripper Swarms, 3 Warriors, and a Zoanthrope. Very excited- regardless of the outcome!

2) I've decided that until I get a new troop type (gargoyles), there'll be no more pics of the generic Horms, Terms... etc. - with the exception of my 'Stealers, as I haven't gotten around to finishing their bases yet and photographing them. Troops are like most of what I make, up-to-my-standard, but a waste of time for viewers unless there's something awesomely converted about them. Mine are painted nicely, but standard and not worth your time, IMO.

3) I'm also jumping onto the Warhammer Fantasy Bandwagon in between grad school, my Tyranids, and family life. I'm pretty new at the blogging game, but have wanted to do it for a while. I'm going to start a Vampire Counts army and will definitely post my stuff on a blog. Question is- Should I use this one and mix them, as I've already been doing with my custom works? Or start a new one for WH Quest and Fantasy? Advice is greatly appreciated.

Anyways, thanks for staying tuned. Oh yea, before I forget. Does anyone have any blogs they wanna share with me? Something you gentlemen/ladies think it would do me good to see? (I realize that was some really outdated English and apologize) If you have any recommendations about a blog you think I should be following, let me know- I'm always on the lookout for inspirations and kudos where it is deserved for an excellent paintjob or concept!

No comments:

Post a Comment